Alumicolor Imprint Specifications
E-mail art to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put company name and order number on subject line of e-mail. Exact layout preferred, formatted file vector line art drawing (no bitmaps please), all text converted to "Curves" or "Outlines." Black & white art regardless of color of imprint; separated art if more than 1 color imprint.
File types accepted: Corel Draw version 13 or earlier, AI CS5 or earlier, PDF or EPS file. No charge if electronic art to specifications is provided; one line of straight line type at no charge. Scanning and cleanup, additional typeset or other manipulation will be charged at $30.00/v per hour. Smallest printable type size is 6 pt. font. Colors in multi-color jobs can not be close or touching registration; a minimum of 1/16" is required for registration between colors.
- $50.00 (v) Set-up for one color, one location
- $30.00 (v) Set-up for additional color and/or location
- $.75 (v) Run Charge for additional color and/or side
- $30.00 (v) PMS Color match per color. Silk Screen process offers best match
- $25.00 (v) Ink Change Charge
- $75.00 (v) Less than Minimum Charge. Absolute minimum is 50 pieces
- $75.00 (v) Pre-production Sample Charge plus setup and run charges
- $10.00 (v) Paper Proof Charge (for each proof after the first two)
- $10.00 (v) Drop Ship Charge (per address after the first two)
- $150.00 (v) Custom Calibrations
- Cancellation policy: 10% of total order after art approval
- Orders ship FOB Fort Collins CO 80524
- Tubes for rectangular scales are $1.00 (v)/each (doesn't apply to Pocket Scales - tube packaging is included)
- Additional side imprints are available with Photo Anodized products only
- Art Requirements
Photo Anodizing Standard Process - Imprint becomes part of the finish on the aluminum. Looks like silk screening, but is more durable and resistant to cleaners and solvents. All Alumicolor™ products have photo anodized calibrations. Standard imprint colors on silver and gold products are black, reflex blue, process blue, fire red, and dark green.
Heat Set Silk Screening - Special inks bond to anodized finish. Durable imprint will not rub off easily and usually lasts for years. Check catalog pages for specific product color availability. Standard imprint colors on silver and gold products are black, reflex blue, process blue, fire red, and dark green. Calibrations are photo anodized in black. Our colored products are silk screened in white only (silver is NOT available) and have silver photo anodized calibrations. Production time is 7 to 10 working days from date of approved paper proof. Paper proofs are provided within 2-5 working days of receipt of your order and art.
Laser Engraving - Cuts into aluminum to show true aluminum color through the finish. Appears silver or white on all products. There is no color fill available. Production time is 5 to 10 working days from date of approved paper proof. Paper proofs are provided within 2-5 working days of receipt of your order and art.
Standard imprint colors on SILVER or GOLD products: Black, Relfex Blue, Process Blue, Fire Red, Dark Green
Imprint colors available on PURPLE, RED, BLUE, GREEN and BLACK products: Silver or Gold with matching calibrations.
Exact art repeat orders within 2 years will not be charged set-up charges. All additional charges will apply. Repeated jobs after two years will require a new set-up charge. Production time is 20 to 25 working days from date of approved paper proof. Paper proofs are provided within 2-4 working days from of receipt of your order and art. Quantities over 1,000 pieces may take additional production time. Production time may vary depending on volume and season. Please inquire.